Sunday, October 19, 2014

Bank Square Books hosts Mary Lachman and Moth at The Window


Bank Square Books is a phenomenal independent bookstore in the heart of downtown Mystic, CT across the street from Mystic Pizza and just south of the bridge. If you want to visit a quintessential New England town and browse in shops, Mystic is the place.

Before my signing I had lunch at Bravo Bravo. It was spacious and modern with large windows and a view of the water. The waitstaff was attentive. The fresh bread and olive oil were amazing. I ordered the buffalo chicken pizza with gorgonzola. Yes it was decadent, but what the heck. It was spicy and would have been perfect with a beer, but I had water. My friend had the codfish BLT lunch special. It came with a side salad and looked delicious. Both the pizza and the sandwich were made with that same good bread dough.

The staff at Bank Square Books were pleasant and cheerful and it was the perfect day to explore the streets of a waterfront community. During my book signing I met so many wonderful people who stopped to chat. There were folks from Illinois, Pennsylvania, Florida and Ohio.  There was a group of 6 or 7 women who meet every year to select the 'reads' for the following year.

Thank you to everyone who stopped to talk, enter my drawing, and pick up a copy of the book. I hope you had as much fun as I did!

Just in case you didn't have a chance to visit Bank Square Books on Saturday you can still pick up a copy of Moth at the Window there. And if you hurry you can get one of the autographed copies!

Bank Square Books
53 W. Main Street
Mystic, CT 06355
860-536-3795 
www.banksquarebooks.com

I will announce the winner of the notecard giveaway later this week.

~Mary

1 comment: